Forgive me if I'm picking at a sore spot, but can someone help me understand the difference/overlap between maven-invoker and maven-verifier?

As I understand it, they both do roughly the same thing, except one of them is a Maven plugin where you write your test in a goals.txt file + beanshell, and the other is meant to be run programmatically from a JUnit test. Is that essentially correct?

(Whereas maven-verifier-plugin is another beast entirely, simply checking for the presence/absence of certian files.)

Am I right in thinking that, despite their substantial overlap, maven-verifier and maven-invoker share no code?

-Dan