I created a few integration-tests for the jar-plugin using the Maven
Embedder as described in
http://maven.apache.org/developers/committer-testing-plugins.html
under both maven-it-plugin and maven-plugin-test-plugin (I didn't use
any testing plugins, just the install-plugin). Add the Embedder to
your list of testing utilities.

I think a lot of things could be improved in the testing strategies.
The bugs that I fixed in the jar-plugin took me less than an hour to
complete, but creating the testcases to me about three days before I
finally found the above mentioned page.

Maybe I've missunderstood something completely, but as far as I
understand some tests are auctually testing the result from the
previous build?

/Johan