On 29/02/2008, at 8:45 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

Dynamic collections have been there for a while. And why is deploy:deploy-file a concern, and for webdav. This will be the case for all providers. FTP deploy doesn't work out of the box either, should be start adding everything because they need a POM to use deploy file with FTP. Probably not.

It's just purely demand based thing. As you said last year "Sure, why not drop it in. I think people use it quite a bit. "

The other issue is why isn't just plain PUT fine. I don't know how it ever came to be that we pushed WebDAV.

For people running webdav repositories where PUT is not sufficient because you have to create a whole bunch of directories first.

As I said before - that's fine, but it should be working before the first alpha so that there's no regression in functionality.

It's never been there so it's not a regression because no one has ever used it or done it.

I meant between 2.0.9 and 2.1, since you said it was fine to leave it in 2.0.x.

If you need a POM to deploy-file that's fine. We're not going to start pushing in all the providers so people can do this. Pushing it all in the core, sprinkling the logic everywhere we need to handle the JARs especially the httpclient mess of commons-* is not very appealing.

I'm not really sure what you mean. It's all properly isolated now and there was no code changes to make this happen other than the few lines to add them to the filter, so I don't really see what the problem is?

I personally don't care, I use the lightweight http provider to deploy to Archiva and it works just fine.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]