On 21-May-08, at 8:23 PM, Barrie Treloar wrote:

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Vincent Siveton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Arnaud and others,

What is the "official" Eclipse repo layout? According [1] and [2], [1]
seems the official. What others thinks?

Jason was meant to get back to the list about this.

It's not very complicated what we discussed. Essentially it's artifactId = symbolic bundle id because you'll never be able to derive the artifactId/groupId pair from a symbolic bundle id because you don't know where to split it. So avoid the complication of the mapping. The groupId would be use for organization in the repository but not important in the creation of the symbolic bundle id. What this means is that you could directly retrieve a bundle into a running osgi container without trying to synthesize the bundle id which is a good thing.

I haven't noticed it yet, but I'm pretty blind when looking through
mail headers :)

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

-- Jakob Burckhardt