Here's my 2c.

- Bundle-SymbolicName = artifactId is a no-brainer IMHO
- groupId should be the organization creating the bundle (so when
converting an existing library, the organization that does the
converting)
- Bundle-Version = version - somebody once proposed dropping the
qualifier but then you loose tracability

- The generated POMs are also open for debate. I believe
ecipse:to-maven only looks at the manifest and generates dependencies
from Require-Bundle, but it ignores Import-Package headers. For
versions it creates Maven ranges, but these were unusable without
specifying a zillion excludes (at least in 2.0.8). My approach with
Tycho is different. I would start with a consistent install (e.g. the
full Ganymede release). Tycho's uploader will first perform resolve
these bundles against each other using OSGi rules, to decide what the
actual dependencies are. The POM dependencies are calculated based on
this dependency graph.

- For RCP developers, we should also decide what the Eclipse features
should look like in the repository. E.g. upload a full feature zip or
just a POM that has dependencies on all the member plugins

- Regarding all the different bundleizations (is that a word?) that
are or will be available for some common libraries: I'm afraid this
will only be solved when libraries start producing OSGi artifacts
themselves. Perhaps the new spring osgi repository will also help to
standardize.

Tom