+1

On 24-Jun-08, at 9:48 AM, John Casey wrote:

It would probably be a good idea to reorder the fields in the maven.mdo file inside the maven-model project, to reflect the preferred style. This should have the effect of reordering the generated reference documentation and will also affect the ordering achieved when a POM is written programmatically using the xpp3 writer (I think).

-john

Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
Vincent Siveton schrieb:

I propose to improve [1] to add a code style for our pom files.

+1 for some convention (which is documented as such).

I see the following in this order.

Whatever we agree upon, we might want to update the Maven Model Reference [0], too. I guess that was the ordering Dennis has chosen.

If not already written down, the indentation style (2 spaces) should be mentioned, too.

<project>
</project>

I find your proposed ordering more intuitive than the current Model Ref.

Benjamin

[0] http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-model/maven.html

John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)