I don't think this is very hard and for 2.x we could just leave the old format. 3.x can read both and we'll phase out the old format.

On 2009-09-07, at 10:15 AM, Tamás Cservenák wrote:

I think that extending the repo metadata with full coordinates is
still the best general solution.

These builds are de facto different builds, I see no value producing
them with _same_ timestamp. They will all be resolvable using standard
metadata resolution and version "1.0-SNAPSHOT" to their latest
versions. Since they are different OSes, and different machines, the
builds should be considered separate too.

Thanks,
~t~