On 2009-09-05, at 4:51 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

On 05/09/2009, at 12:58 AM, Brian Fox wrote:

Since the source in this case is identical, having separate modules
for this seems out of the way. Classifier really is the right way to
distinguish between different flavors normally, but obviously this
doesn't work well when you have to produce the artifacts from separate
mvn invocations.

It feels to me like we need some better support in Maven to handle
these types of multi-platform builds, but I'm curious how people are
handling it now?

Given they are separate executions, there isn't much Maven can do. To throw out some ideas, a "partial deploy" that only deploys new attachments and reuses metadata is one option, but potentially unreliable with sequencing. I'd think you're better off being able to pass in a "forced" timestamp and build number rather than having Maven allocate it (would help for all those wanting to use svn rev or CI build number instead too). If you still want to use the Maven metadata, something will need to query the repository to figure out what to use itself.

Without a full description of each artifact that is actually deployed nothing is going to work reliably. Only taking into account the primary artifact is just a short coming we need to address.

HTH,
- Brett

Jason

Jason van Zyl