Jason van Zyl wrote:

> I honestly think it will be easier for people to get involved in the 3.0
> codebase.

Somewhere along the line in the flurry of emails that have been coming
along today I got the impression that a transition to guice has been
called off for M3.

I think that's a shame, and having only recently gotten a little "more
involved" with the maven code-base, I have felt the pain that plexus can
inflict.

I will try not to start any plexus-bashing, but given the discussion
that has been going on today about how M3 is a significant cleanup of
inner workings, I find stopping before getting rid of plexus strange.

I would be more than willing to spend a fair amount of time to make such
a transition happen, the sooner the better. Especially if there already
is a working plexus/guice adapter that can be used as basis. I get this
feeling I missed some discussion somewhere ?

But then again, we all must release sometime - I just needed to vent
my frustration with plexus. Switching to guice also has a motivational
effect on people wishing to work with the maven codebase; developers
like to work with code they feel is "hot".

Regards

Kristian Rosenvold