On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 13:25 -0500, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Taken us longer to make the adapter then we expected, and if we want 3.0 out
> in a reasonable timeframe it's just not something we can do.

Oh that's a shame, and you're totally right I probably don't see the
full ramifications. I suppose I must have missed that bit if it was
discussed on the list.

> Well, I'm not really concerned as a first priority whether you think the code
> is "hot".

I wouldn't care about "hotness" as a feature either, but there is a very
real motivational factor for getting people involved. At least in my day
job I find that people are a lot more motivated to learn/use tools &
frameworks they see as good for their personal evolution as developers.

But you're totally right; most of the change should be invisible to the
outside and it should be an undramatic change if done properly.

> The Plexus shim for Guice is here:
>
> http://svn.sonatype.org/spice/trunk/spice-inject/

I will definitely take a look at that, thanks.

Kristian