Can we at least get a snapshot staged with your changes so I can double check
that it doesn't break the CXF instructions?

Specifically, we tell people not to use m2eclipse as it generally takes a
couple HOURS to import CXF into m2eclipse and then the normal edit/save/run
unit test cycle in m2eclipse takes minutes, not seconds.    With the normal
maven-eclipse-plugin setup and such, it's all MUCH MUCH faster.    If the
m2eclipse experience could match, I'd have no problems recommending it.   But
it's too painful right now.

Dan

On Thu January 14 2010 10:43:45 am Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are some issues left in the 2.8 for the maven-eclipse-plugin but if
>  no one is going work on it then I'll just release it.
>
> I specifically want to release the addition I've made to the
>  maven-eclipse-plugin which will stop the confusion among users where they
>  think stuff generated by maven-eclipse-plugin is supported in M2Eclipse.
>
> There are projects like CXF that specifically tell users not to use
>  M2Eclipse, which is fine, but I want support issues to fall back to those
>  projects who want to support the maven-eclipse-plugin. More often then not
>  they become the problem of the M2Eclipse developers. So this is really to
>  partition the support where it belongs. It's a simple change, I just added
>  a comment which we will detect in M2Eclipse and tell users what they are
>  attempting are not supported.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Daniel Kulp