On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Peter Lynch <pe...@peterlynch.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There are some issues left in the 2.8 for the maven-eclipse-plugin but if
>> no one is going work on it then I'll just release it.
>>

> I have been trying to resolve issues using Maven 3 to build the plugin. I
> provided a patch for MECLIPSE-631, no one has applied it and I don't have
> karma. It would be nice if someone could apply that one at least before you
> release. Issue MECLIPSE-633 is the other one, which seems like it will take
> more time to sort out due to MNG-4523.

Can these wait for the next release cycle?

I dont believe there is anyone actively watching new issues for the plugin.
Your best bet is to ping the dev list with your issue and gather
support for the bug and find someone willing to commit your patches.

I have only been watching the list for Maven 3 and am not actively
involved so I haven't attempted to use it to build m-e-p.
I may have a few spare cycles shortly - is setting up my environment
simple enough and documented somewhere?