On Jun 17, 2011, at 7:36 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Jason, the board has not leaked the information, so rest assured
> it was not from us.

I'm not sure what information you're referring to.

> Also rest assured that no one questions
> Sonatypes committment to the users nor your pursuit of innovation.
> We only question why Sonatype refuses to attribute Maven as
> a mark of the ASF, even after I was assured by Wayne after
> lunch that Sonatype would make those changes while we come up
> with an acceptable MOU regarding maven.org.

No, that's not what I recall being the order of events. But everything I know
is second hand and broken telephone doesn't help anyone. You should get on the
phone with Wayne and clarify because there have been repeated miscommunications
and misunderstandings because you fail to follow up in the timely manner, or
don't follow up at all. As a result of that you've left this project in the
lurch and made Sonatype feel like an un-welcomed part of this community. Why
would we want to participate here when we are treated like no other company
involved at Apache has ever been treated?

It would have taken you all of a day to settle the MOU issue when you talked to
Wayne last but you passed the buck to the Maven PMC instead of dealing with it
yourself. You took this out of the hands of the Maven PMC after we had a
resolution so I have no idea you passed the issue back to them instead of
driving the issue to resolution yourself. Three weeks has passed and nothing
has happened. It may very be that what are understanding and what you relayed
to the Maven PMC is not in sync. Get on the phone with Wayne put Larry Rosen on
the phone as secretary, record the plan of action that will resolve the issue
at hand and be done with it. You've made it several more orders of magnitude
more complicated than it ever needed to be.