The board made it pretty clear that option b is also highly discouraged so I
wouldn't list that as an option.  The only viable path I see will be to
ultimately include the EPL version of Aether and then replace it with our own
code when someone decides there is something they want to do that requires it.
A dual licensed version of Aether would probably insure a complete replacement
is never necessary.

Ralph