lø., 30.07.2011 kl. 14.51 -0400, skrev Benson Margulies:
> Commits were made that caused Maven to depend on
> code outside of Apache. What's now clear is that this was a one-way
> street, *whatever the license on the code*, due to the policy
> requirement for voluntary contributions.

Technically I am unsure if this statement is true. At the time aether
was extracted, maven3 was more or less functionally complete. Most of
what has happened since then was bug-fixes.

All this is slightly hypothetical, but we may be able to revert from
r988749 (introduction of aether) and re-work from there. The integration
test suite would pretty much tell if it's being done correctly. Do not
underestimate the quality of those ITs.

The code-bases are sufficiently similar that selectively re-implementing
specific bugfixes is an option.

Now why on earth would we do all that? Can someone please point to me to
the *written* statement from the board that says we can't a) fork to
"apache-extras" or B) fork the last asl version to "maven-extras" on
github (together with plexus and sisu ?) I'm tired of all this word-of
mouth crap I seem to be getting from management upstairs; and that
includes all you ASF members.

Kristian