Are you thinking about the svn references etched into each commit ?

The current git-svn repos all have this information appended at the
end of each commit:
git-svn-id: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/surefire/trunk@1374642
13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68

Personally I think we should keep them, since they contain the
historical reference to the SVN commit number. And technically we have
a lot
of jiras referencing "r990909" so removing them is not a good idea wrt
traceability of changes.

I know some projects (spring-framework) removed them and others kept
them. But they have value for us; at least the revision number. We
could consider rewriting it to just "r900900" although personally I
think it's just uneccesary work.

Kristian