2012/9/12 Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>

> Are you thinking about the svn references etched into each commit ?
>
> The current git-svn repos all have this information appended at the
> end of each commit:
> git-svn-id: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/surefire/trunk@1374642
> 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
>
> Personally I think we should keep them, since they contain the
> historical reference to the SVN commit number. And technically we have
> a lot
> of jiras referencing "r990909" so removing them is not a good idea wrt
> traceability of changes.

+1000. I was about to answer in the same vein.
I really think that storing as much information of where a gives path comes
from will be very valuable in the future.

I cannot understand how one could want to get rid of that informations.
Exactly as Kristian said: you have JIRAs, mails, whatever pointing to some
revisions and it's always very useful to be able to find that very revision
in the Git history.

Cheers

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !