As I posted previously I would like to do the 3.1.0 release but I don't want to
do the work of isolating SLF4J until it's shown that it will be a problem. I
don't the believe the adoption of 3.1.0 is going to be so quick that we can't
create a fix if necessary. I would rather do the release in a lean style and
not do work for theoretical problems.

In full disclosure I have a release of Tesla I want to make and I already have
JSR330, SLF4J/Logback, and Eclipse Aether integrated so I would like to try and
help get the JSR330, SLF4J out the door and then get Eclipse Aether integrated.

If anyone feels strongly about trying to create the SLF4J isolation and is
going to start the work to do it shortly there's no harm in waiting. But I
would prefer to start getting the 3.1.0 release out the door, get some feedback
and adjust if necessary.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)