It would appear to me to be an evolution from the implicit nature of this
conversation thus far, but whatever, I couldn't care less. I just find
talking about it without talking about it in poor taste.

About the fork, though, I'm interested. I'm interested in why it's
maintained and how it differs. I'm interested because I intend to fork it
myself to fix things which would break others which I know won't change
upstream (site and release stuff). Perhaps someone already fixed what I
consider broken and others, perhaps, do not consider broken. Email me
privately if need be.

If the fork is just a branch (or set thereof), and not promoted as a fork
(in a social sense), then is there really any harm? Is it being viewed as a
loss of potential work done? Open source is open for a reason.

Fred.