+jake

Marco, this sounds good to me. Have you looked into see if JIRA allows us
to constrain ourselves to this workflow? If yes, the next step would be to
work with ASF infra to see if they are ok with us adopting a new workflow.
IIRC, there are some JIRA settings that are global to all ASF projects and
hence can't be customized.