On Thursday 13 December 2007 03:50:14 Trustin Lee wrote:
> This issue is becoming a real headache even a bottle of tylenol can't
> fix, along with the reentrant logging issue: http://xrl.us/bctaa
>
> I think these two issues should be considered together to resolve the
> issues related with logging.  Let me summarize current situation:
>
> 1) There are people (A) who don't want to use SLF4J but java.util.logging.
> 2) There are people (B) who like to use SLF4J and they say SLF4J
> supports java.util.logging along with log4j.
> 3) People A say java.util.logging can also do the same by employing a
> proper LogManager implementation.
> 4) There is a logger reentrance problem in MINA, which means it is
> difficult to write a MINA-based appender for the most logging
> frameworks that doesn't allow reentrance.  This problem can be worked
> around by turning off logging in MINA, but this is not reasonable.

to make the picture a bit "complexer" . there is also a dependancy
to apache commons-logging if you use the JMX classes.

IoServiceBean depends on beanutils which uses commons-logging.
i don't know how "hard" this dependancy is to beanutils. if we could remove
this dependancy , it would reduce the dependancy list.

It would be great that we had 1 logging framework to setup (which could be
used with JDK java.util.loggig or log4j)

        luc

        luc