Yes, you are right about the versions wording, thanks for clarification.

A performance improvement can be considered a bugfix as well. I see no big
risks in including PR's by Haibin and Lin into the patch release.

@Haibin, if you can reopen the PR's they should be good to go for the
relase, considering the importance of the improvements.

I propose the following bugfixes for the release as well (already created
corresponding PR's):

Fixed __setattr__ method of _MXClassPropertyMetaClass (v1.3.x)

fixed symbols naming in RNNCell, LSTMCell, GRUCell (v1.3.x)

We will be starting to merge the PR's shortly. If are no more proposals for
backporting I would consider the list as set.

Best
Anton