Tao,

You are right there are many submodules in 3rd party. We have to start
somewhere and I believe this one is a good candidate to start with. This is
not to cater to release of MXNet or to tie them with the releases of the
submodules but instead to pick only stable releases and not to pick up
bleeding edge commits from the tip of the master, this gives us confidence
in the submodule that MXNet users are depending on that especially if we
make MKLDNN the default.

Good to know it is known already as a regression.Alex has created this
issue https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/13369, please add
details and link the corresponding issue in MKLDNN(I couldn't find).

-Naveen