Hi Anirudh, please find the statements from MKL-DNN manager for the versioning
mechanism of MKL-DNN library as below:

"That's valid request and I would expect that as the software matures more and
more applications will rely on stable versions. I would expect that for MXNet
there is a stable branch that would rely on stable MKL-DNN and development
branch that would rely on master.

MKL-DNN relies on semantic versioning. We do maintain a release branches in
addition to master that can be used to release patches. In particular we are
planning v0.17.1 this week to deliver a fix for reorders that you requested.
This works in the following way:
* master contains the latest development (typically the next release)
* rls-v0.17 contains v0.17 and will be used to create minor releases (v0.17.1
and so on)"

I also restate my initial concern here: If the master (development) branch of
MXNet relies on a bleeding edge commit from MKL-DNN master branch, when MXNet
comes to release, we need revert many changes in MXNet if MKL-DNN will not have
a new release at that time, since we need fallback the dependency to a previous
release version. That might mess up or slow down the development and release of
MXNet. To avoid that, we always need negotiate with MKL-DNN team for the
release pace before every release.

If you have any other questions about MKL-DNN's versioning, feel free to let me
know. If you want to change and re-define the dependency behavior of MKL-DNN,
please propose a solution for my concern and start a vote for that.

Thanks,
-tao