I have some news for everyone.  The JavaOne Committers/Contributors meeting is cancelled – at least for me.  I won’t be attending JavaOne this year.  Since nobody from JBoss will be at the MyFaces meeting, I don’t think JBoss will be able to sponsor the event.  If you still want the meeting to happen I will find out if the room is cancelled or not.  If the room is cancelled then maybe another company can pick up the cost.  It wasn’t very expensive (I think around $500).

Also, JBoss has decided to use the RI instead of MyFaces for JBoss 5.  The decision was purely one of time and resources.  By shipping the RI we will be able to pass the JEE 5 TCK sooner.  It also means that I can be reassigned to other JSF-related projects.

There is some good news:

1)       I will commit the 1.2 code that I have already written.  It is fairly substantial and should give MyFaces a good head start on 1.2 compliance.

2)       Though I won’t be as active as in the past few months, I’ll still keep an eye on MyFaces work as time allows.

3)       JBoss is upping its involvement in the JSF community.  I can’t say much at this point about that.  You probably already know about JBoss Seam, but there is more cool JSF stuff where that came from.

Best regards,

Stan Silvert

JBoss, Inc.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]