I think this is a bad idea for following reasons:

1) it is against the spec behaviour
2) since in JSF 1.1 navigation outcomes are string it is completely possible for a programmer to have a syntax error in out comes
3) this make confusion between page names and outcomes (navigation events)

4) I think outcomes and names of JSF pages should stay separate.
JSF navigation is like an finite state machine (FSM) or finite state automaton, states are pages and outcomes are input to the automaton, this keeps modeling UI very simple.
and also it makes it possible for formal verification of JSF application, with available tools.

Regards
Arash Rajaeeyan