You're right, an alternate NavigationHandler shipped with MyFaces
is probably the better choice let's go with that approach.

thanks for your ideas

On 10/29/06, Matthias Wessendorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 2) since in JSF 1.1 navigation outcomes are string it is completely possible
> > for a programmer to have a syntax error in out comes
>
> Sorry don't get your point here, if an action returns a misspelled outcome
> or a misspelled viewId you would not want to navigate in both cases right?

I think he means the 404 error, ...

However, I kinda like stuff like that, but not configurable!
We had had enough fun with bogus features like dummyForm.

We can provide a LazyNavigationHandlerImpl for that in Tomahawk and if
sb. really really
want that, use that particular NH.

just my $0.02

-M