Hi Simon,

Ok, as promised here is the wiki page summarising the recent email
> thread. I hope I've got everybody's opinions fairly represented, but of
> course if corrections need to be made - hack away!

I've added and clarified where I thought it was appropriate.

Personally I'm keen to try to build something along the lines I was
> proposing - but first need to help get a new Orchestra release out.

If you can solve the problem with restore-state and save-state and your
solution does not decrease runtime performance, and you show me a compact
way of including all meta-data in annotations, I'd be very grateful to see
you hack away! However, we should discuss the options we have for getting
the restore-state and save-state problem fixed first - I am pretty sure we
will not find one if we want to extend from the JSF base classes.

There isn't any hurry on getting this tomahawk build process sorted is
> there? I don't see any reason why tomahawk 1.1.7 cannot go out with the
> current build process..

I do not see a reason why it should - especially as even the trinidad-based
approach will make it easier for you to work on your component-based
approach, cause you can then generate your generator base-classes with the
generator and don't have to go through all component-classes. Work that
Leonardo has already done for you. We need to switch to using a generator -
improving the way of generating things is then easy. I also need a generator
cause I finally want to improve the performance in the components - and for
checking out several ways of doing this, it is necessary to have a generator
(except we find a solution along your lines with regards to
restoreState/saveState).

regards,

Martin