Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
The myfaces-site-skin seems to have disappeared.
I believe it used to be in
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/maven/myfaces-site-skin/1-SNAPSHOT
But that's now empty. That directory was updated this morning. Does
one know more ?

Interesting. All the snapshots under "org.apache.myfaces.maven" have disappeared, and all dirs have a last-modified of 2008-08-04 17:28. For example: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/maven/build-tools/

Looks to me like someone ran "find . -type f -rm {} \;" or similar.
Or maybe "find . -older yyyy-mm-dd -rm ..." to remove files not modified since a specific date?

Some other dirs are also empty, eg
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/myfaces/5-SNAPSHOT/
but not
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/myfaces/6-SNAPSHOT/

So maybe one of the apache sysadmins decided to free up disk space by deleting old snapshots, and was a little too enthusiastic and didn't realise that we can have snapshots that are 3 months old, but still used?

There isn't any "maven repository manager" installed for the apache snapshots repo is there? I've just installed Nexus at work, and there is a feature there to clean up old snapshots automatically. But I don't think we have a repo manager installed..

Regards,
Simon