Grant Smith schrieb:
I was idling in #asfinfra on freenode yesterday and looking at the logs now I see they did clean out that repository...
Just to let people know, there is currently some discussion going on at the infrastructure list about this.

It was indeed the infra team who deleted all files older than 30 days, as people.apache.org was running short of disk space.

The current opinion of the infra admins seems to be that they reserve the right to delete stuff from the snapshot repo at any time, and that any reliance on files staying in the snapshot repo for more than a couple of days is wrong. In particular, some people are concerned that allowing non-apache people access to the snapshot repo for any purpose other than testing of artifacts is equivalent to bypassing the release process, ie any use of this repo except for internal apache development purposes is wrong (my phrasing).

A couple of contrary opinions have been expressed; I'll let you know what the final conclusion is.

Regards,
Simon