Hi Matthias,

Funny you're asking this today: Last night I've released the J4Fry dojoFacelets library on sourceforge. It's a pure JSF template/dojo library, it was build on JSF 1.1/1.2 w/Facelets and it runs on JSF 2.0 out of the box. The templates are AJAX enabled via ui:define. The first project based on the new components will be productive around juli in a european bank. We've started working on this last autumn after I released this artivle in german JavaMagazin, making the point that future JSF tag libraries must be template based: http://www.j4fry.org/resources/jung_JSF_JavaMagazin_Tag_Entwicklung_mit_Facelets.pdf. The dojoFacelets are apache licensed and we would love to make them a starting point for a new MyFaces subproject.

Here's a link to the documentation: http://j4fry.org/dojoFacelets.shtml (with links to examples and downloads - the JSF 2.0 example is currently offline, check the JSF 1.2 example).

Best regards,
Ganesh

Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
Hi,

sure MyFaces 2.0 is not yet there, but I want to share an idea...

Since JSF 2.0 has the new Facelets support to easily create (custom) components,
would it be a good idea to start a new (sandbox) project that defines
a JSF 2.0 set
of components, only written via the Facelets way ?

I had to play with some fancy JS (jQuery) to make a "wow" *easy*
component (via Facelets).
I think it would be cool to have such a library that provides a kinda
wrapper for some JS lib,
e.g. jQuery.

-Matthias