Hi Louis,

Louis Suarez-Potts schreef:
Hi all,

A long while ago, back in February, I asked about using Bouncer for downloads. [0] There were some considered objections, [1] but I think they may have been addressed since then.

So... Do the NLC leads still have objections to using Bouncer? If yes, what are they? (Have they been communicated to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list?) If not, can I ask that you do so? As I wrote before, Bouncer can help us track downloads. This may even be so for projects whose primary pages are actually off the CollabNet site, such as BR-PT: they can add their servers to the Bouncer list.
It is very convenient.

However it makes it more difficult to identify when a mirror contains a corrupted or compromised build. A user may find that the checksum is not correct but after downloading they will often not be aware anymore which mirror it was downloaded from.

--
Vriendelijke groet, Simon Brouwer.
| nl.openoffice.org | www.opentaal.org |