Hi all,

On 2007-07-18, at 05:52 , Joost Andrae wrote:

Hi Louis,

I'm not a native language lead but

as Sophie told me the French native language community (esp. the African francophone community) has problems regarding Bouncer because Bouncer doesn't seem to prefer regional download connections over international connections. Several users from Africa have complained that they got a very slow connection and it makes a difference if a user needs twelve hours or if he needs five hours to download a version over a modem line depending on the connection he got by Bouncer.

This is good to know. My sense is that we can use both Bouncer and the Wusage (and probably other tools) to give us a better sense of the download picture. I'm sorry to hear that location causes problems, since one of my desires is to catch BR, African and other downloads that we don't always catch now. And OOo is very popular in Brazil.

btw.

broffice.org still seems to be down. Bouncer links for BrOo are available:

http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/? product=BrOffice.org&os=linuxintel&lang=pt-BR&version=2.2.1 http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/? product=BrOffice.org&os=linuxintellangpack&lang=pt-BR&version=2.2.1 http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/? product=BrOffice.org&os=win&lang=pt-BR&version=2.2.1 http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org/? product=BrOffice.org&os=winlangpack&lang=pt-BR&version=2.2.1

I see. I'll be pinging Claudio ...

So... Do the NLC leads still have objections to using Bouncer? If yes, what are they? (Have they been communicated to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list?) If not, can I ask that you do so? As I wrote before, Bouncer can help us track downloads. This may even be so for projects whose primary pages are actually off the CollabNet site, such as BR-PT: they can add their servers to the Bouncer list.

Kind regards, Joost

Thanks, Joost.

best
louis