Hi

On 2007-07-19, at 03:05 , sophie wrote:

Hi Joost, all,

Joost Andrae wrote:
Hi Louis,

I'm not a native language lead but

as Sophie told me the French native language community (esp. the African
francophone community) has problems regarding Bouncer because Bouncer
doesn't seem to prefer regional download connections over international connections. Several users from Africa have complained that they got a
very slow connection and it makes a difference if a user needs twelve
hours or if he needs five hours to download a version over a modem line
depending on the connection he got by Bouncer.

Thanks for speaking about that. I have decided to make a new test for
the 2.3 and will:
- add bouncer links
- add P2P links and hope that it will balance the issue with bouncer and
low connections

Kind regards
Sophie

thanks Sophie. I think that's a pretty good solution: one can choose on the basis of where one lives what system to use.

More generally: I guess my concern is to capture more accurately (and easily) who is downloading the application and source. The more information we can get, the better for us, presuming that info is good news. :-) (And I'm sure it is.)

Best,
Louis