Hi All,

This email follows some off-list discussion with various people
including Geertjan and the relevant contributors.  The release
schedule we agreed has an open question about allowing selective
feature freeze bypass based on mailing list agreement - hence ...

I propose we allow the pending Java EE and Payara PRs to be merged to
master for the NB 11.1 release -

* Incorporating new files and code modifications for adding Java EE 8
support. https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1298
* NP-20 Payara Server tools integration in Apache NetBeans IDE.
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1290
* NP-20 Payara Micro tools integration in Apache NetBeans IDE.
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1297

One of the reasons we discussed having quarterly and non-LTS releases
was to get things testing in the wild earlier.  These partly missed
the feature freeze because of Travis issues, seem ready to merge, and
(hopefully!) have minimal impact on existing features.

This is a lazy consensus thread that will be open for 72hrs.  You do
not need to +1 (although you're welcome to), but do raise concerns or
-1 if need be.  Assuming this goes ahead, we can merge in time to sync
up and include in beta2 next Wednesday.

My own lazy consent as release manager is also based on -

* All tests are passing before merging (appears now to be the case)
* Merging is done before second beta (possibly a good criteria for
feature freeze bypass in general?)
* The respective contributors can commit to timely fixes in case of
issues so that this doesn't cause delay in the NB 11.1 release
schedule.

Thanks and best wishes,