Thanks Neil, for the information.  I created the PR for Java EE 8
integration, and those enhancements are specifically geared towards Maven
projects.  The PR includes the following functionality:

- Ability to create a new Maven Web Project using Java EE 8 (utilizes a
Java EE 8 maven archetype)
- Ability to change an existing Maven Web Project to use the Java EE 8
Platform
- Support for GlassFish 5.0.1 and GlassFish 5.1 (enhanced by adding
separate identifiers in the sources for GlassFish 5 branch - gfv5ee8,
rather than gfv3ee6)
- IDE recognizes all Java EE 8 artifact versions, for example: JSF 2.3
faces-config, CDI beans.xml 2.0, web.xml 4.0

+1 for merging the Payara server and micro tools integration as well.