On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 11:07 AM Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 09:48, Jan Lahoda <lah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Releasing the full source does sound easier for processes, so if
> reviewers are ok with that, sounds good to me. Should be possible to only
> upload specific NBMs. I guess the question is when we do the update, given
> the refactoring is broken for 9+.
>
> I'm thinking maybe ~2 weeks?  Given there is a workaround
> (uninstalling nb-javac) and the potential for other things that have
> been mentioned to maybe require fixes, we could aim for a patch
> release then?
>
> In the meantime, could we also provide an additional update centre for
> nb-javac so that people who want to can install and test the fixed
> version?  And is the fixed version ready yet anyway?

Should be this, I believe:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1589

I would like to try myself, to check that things are working, but didn't
get to that.

> Still unsure about how we handle catalog and signing issues though.
> Am I right in thinking with current situation people will see a
> warning on update?  Definitely see this already when re-enabling
> nb-javac.

That is one of the things I'd like to try. The update will be a two phase
process - first update the nb/updatecenters module, and then nb-javac. I
*think* there should be no warning for the second update (because the NBM
is signed using the key that is embedded in the updatecenters module), but
I am less sure about how exactly the first update will work.

Jan