On 11/19/19 4:57 AM, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
My git-fu is not that strong, but wouldn't merging master into the PR branch make code review harder, because every change on the master branch would now be part of the PR as well?

Not in my experience. It's the same either way. It's just one extra commit (the merge commit), and both GitHub and "git diff" show only the changes proposed by the pull request feature or fix. [1]

The rewritten history is not such a big problem when only one person is testing. Some day, though, a pull request author might have several people testing, and then it's good to be aware of the issue.

Thank you, Thomas.

John

[1] For example:
https://github.com/javafxports/openjdk-jfx/pull/522/commits