On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, 20:07 John Neffenger, <j...@status6.com> wrote:

> Or we could just stop doing forced pushes on pull requests under review.
> I even think that's what our contributor guidelines suggest. Then I can
> run "git pull" after each change, and I'm done.

They also say fix-up changes should be squashed, but it's somewhat
ambiguous whether that includes post-review changes. And then of course
there's the what happens in practice! :-)

Personally, I'd mostly agree with you and think we should squash and merge
PRs into master when required, which is what I've done during release
windows. Does generally require the contributor not to use the same branch
for future PRs though!