Hi,
 If I understand well only what we want to care of will be audited and donated.
The neglected part will not be audited nor given to Apache or individual.

 Maybe we first need a list and from this list we decide.

 We can use repository as placeholder to handle reception and adapt to main
repo. (easy to create, easy for pmc member) (done for i10). IMHO pure
refactoring adaption history from 4-6 years decorelated repository is not so
important to keep.

Question after that is do we want a feature to be release same pace as NetBeans
(quarterly) or do you want to have custom release like html4j,jackpot or
mavenutilies artefacts.
(html4j and mavenutilities are maven based and are better on separated
repository, easy release)

Jackpot30 looks like an example of ant built artefacts independent form main
repo. We release 3-4 time as incubation, not sure we do one as TLP but that not
an issue.

We receive, we slice we "fit the pieces together" and we prepare release :D

Best Regards
Eric