On Sat, 2 May 2020 at 08:01, Matthias Bläsing <mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu> wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 02.05.2020, 00:57 +0200 schrieb Eric Barboni:
> > For what I encounter since 2 months I guess, travis job  is not more
> > re triggerable (partial job too).
>
> I saw that in the past, what helped was logging out of travis-ci and
> logging back in. I don't know how they authenticate the rebuild
> priviledge, but I assume, that somewhere along the way a token expires
> or gets lost and you loose access.

Yes, I can definitely retrigger, but have recently relogged in due to
same issue with an external project.

> I see travis as another tool. In an ideal world all unittests would
> always work, but world is not ideal. So there can be valid reasons to
> ignore failing travis tests - that is a decision of the committer.

?! Not sure I agree with the second bit.  If the only thing that
triggers the failure is the change in the PR, why would we ignore it?
If expected the PR should fix or (temporarily) remove the test.  If
master testing is broken, that should be fixed before other merges.
If it's a flaky test, and we have a few, then it should be retriggered
to see if it passes.  If it consistently breaks the build after merge,
it should be fixed first or reverted.

There was not a single PR during 11.1 and 11.2 that could not be made
to go green after retriggers that did not prove to have a valid
problem in it.