"This would require Jenkins build slaves for Linux, MacOS and
Windows (which I understand that ASF indeed has) "

This is incorrect, the ASF doesn't have MacOS build slaves for Jenkins,
which is one of the reasons why the MacOS Installer is still manually built
following a successful vote of the VC.

Regards

John