-0 on this.

I am red/green color deficient. I've tried using FlatLaf several times, and I just could not get the color selection to work where everything was different and yet easy for me to read.

I'll try again on 12.5, but for now I've stuck with the Windows LAF for my Windows systems and Nimbus (don't laugh) for my GtK systems due to some font scaling issues.

I'll try FlatLaf with 12.5 on Ubuntu 20.04 to see how it goes, but Nimbus seems to work fine for me at the moment.

Changing the default is not an issue with me since I currently do it anyway. About the only issue with changing away from FlatLaf is that I have to change the editor LAF separately from the IDE LAF (last time I tried).

I'm mostly a systems admin / architect these days so my NetBeans usage centers around proof of concepts and tracking down memory leaks in Java web applications.

In short, I'm more of a casual user at this point.

. . . . just my two cents
/mde/

Thanks for a great platform, and hopefully one day soon I'll actually be able to contribute.