JDKs installed by SDKMAN don’t work with /usr/libexec/java_home.  That’s why I
believe SDKMAN should not be used for Java on macOS, it doesn’t integrate
properly. (I brought this up to SDKMAN team and they don’t want to write any
files outside of their controlled space.  I get it, but the user suffers as a
result.)

You might be able to work around it by sym-linking the SDKMAN installed JDK
into the correct location at /Libraries/Java/JavaVirtualMachines - but if you
have to manage it yourself, what is SDKMAN doing for you?

Scott