Eirik Bakke schrieb am 24.06.2022 um 11:46:
> Hi, dev.
>
> There's a discussion on https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3115 about
> changing the default "look" of window system tabs in NetBeans. See the
> before/after screenshots there.
>
> With FlatLAF becoming the default look & feel since NetBeans 13, the tab
> components in the window system (over editors and sidebars) no longe resemble
> tabs, and are somewhat difficult to see. The proposed PR fixes this, by
> introducing a new look for the tabs that shows the selected tab as a proper
> tab while leaving a simplified flattened look for unselected tabs. Other
> kinds of tabs, e.g. in dialog boxes, or nested tabs in the Output pane,
> retain the more flat "blue underline" style.
>
> 1) Would people like this new style to become the default on NetBeans? (See
> screenshots in the PR above.)
> 2) Should there be an option to switch back to the old style?

I still prefer the  Windows Look & Feel, so I don't really care, but regarding
the FlatLaf integration:

Maybe NetBeans could support customizing FlatLaf through external .properties
file, so people can customize it to their preferences.

Users for my own (non-NetBeans, pure Swing) application were asking about
customization options for FlatLaf. So I integrated that.

It's really not a huge effort, this can either be done through .properties file
(very easy to integrate) or through .theme files, which requires using a
different LnF class during initialization.

Maybe that's an option for NetBeans as well.

Just my 0.02€
Thomas