Hi Laszlo,

The platform tests have 90% of the testing done on JDK 8, there are only a few tests which are repeated again on 11 at the end of the jobs. Right now "Platform Modules batch1" is building platform-src.zip in isolation on JDK 11, not on 8, since 11 is currently the build requirement for NetBeans.

Ideally we should be able to simply run the platform tests in a [8, 11] matrix, but we can't, see below.

The other jobs which run on 8 and probably should stay on 8 are VSCode Ext and LSP. But would be good to have clarification on that one - I am sailing blind there.

There are some more jobs additional to those above which still test on 8 since they can't run on 11 but potentially should, which is tracked with #4904.

I have put the JDK version in the job title so its easy to inspect, here is a full run with all jobs enabled on master for a quick overview:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/actions/runs/3886947624/usage

best regards,
michael