On Sat, 8 Apr 2023 at 13:05, Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...is going to break the promise me, you
> and the NetBeans team was giving NetBeans Platform users since 1997!

Aside from wondering how dropping JDK 7 support was not breaking the
same promise, my message to Toni would be roughly the same as
Michael's .. stop making promises you expect others to keep for you.
ASF is a do-ocracy, not a do-not-ocracy.

The proposal is also already more conservative than some people are
pushing for, and designed to advertise in advance what we're doing, in
order to support and foster trust of platform users.  They're a high
priority for me too, although I'm also contributing because I'd like
it to have a future ...

> I cannot let that "just" happen. ...

If the Apache NetBeans project does not listen to its most active
current contributors (eg. [1]), or find other people prepared to take
on their workload, then it has no future!  That really is of no use to
platform users.  And I'm not prepared to let that "just" happen
without trying to do something about it.

If you can propose an alternative that in particular Matthias, Michael
and Laszlo would all support, and that addresses their concerns, then
maybe we might actually be able to find a consensus way forward!

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/graphs/contributors