Can you see in the installed MPLAB app what NetBeans Platform version they use?

Karl

On 11.04.2023 13:02, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
I download and installed MPLAB X IDE by Microchip today, probably one
of the most widely used NetBeans Platform applications, where I see
this:

Product Version: MPLAB X IDE v6.05
Updates: Updates available
Java: 1.8.0_345; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 25.345-b01
Runtime: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.8.0_345-b01
System: Mac OS X version 10.15.7 running on x86_64; UTF-8; en_EN (mplab)

I have a meeting this evening with Vincent Sheard, Associate Director,
Development Tools at Microchip.

Of course, as far as we can tell, they have not contributed anything
to Apache NetBeans and are essentially profiting from the work we're
doing for free.

Still, will be good to hear from them what their perspective is
(possibly they're going to move away from JDK 8 anyway or even from
NetBeans itself to something in a browser, etc).

Also, if the vote succeeds, and we announce our intentions in the
blog, etc, be aware that organizations may pop up and indicate their
concerns etc -- in which case, they'll need to start contributing here
actively, whether on the JDK 8 branch or in the main line.

Those who do not contribute cannot complain.

Gj

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 12:55 PM Geertjan Wielenga