On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 10:58 AM Peter Hull <peterhul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 at 14:59, Scott Palmer <swpal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  But when I worked on Windows it happened all the time.  It was a weekly
> > annoyance.
> >
> I know how frustrating this must be. I use NetBeans on Windows
> (currently NB 18 and Windows 11) and I do not see this issue. In the
> linked bug, there is some code which uses Robot to automate copy/paste
> to notepad, which was said to be a reliable reproducer. But I still
> couldn't get it to go wrong, even running it multiple times.
> The only thing I can say (and I'm sure it's been mentioned before,
> don't hate me) is that I have previously seen clipboard issues when
> VirtualBox was running. So I suppose the question is - are those
> people experiencing it absolutely sure they're not running something
> else that might be interfering with the clipboard?
> Pete

I wasn't running VirtualBox, but even so, it's only NetBeans.  Cut and
paste is working between everything else on the system, it is only when NB
is involved that I see issues.  It seems sometimes NB has it's internal
clipboard and doesn't talk to the system clipboard until you do something
to coax it back to working.  Usually a copy from the About dialog will fix
it, when the editor windows are broken with respect to the clipboard.

Scott