On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 at 13:39 Jan Lahoda <lah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I belive we could do convenience binaries for subsets, but not source
> releases for subsets.

I wondered if this was related when I asked, but I'm confused by this.  If
the code in the repository is capable of building source subsets of itself,
then what stops creating convenience source subsets available too?  That
doesn't really conflict with having a canonical full repository source zip
for the tagging, voting and release phase?  People could equally download
the full source and build the required source subset from it themselves?

That does kind of presume we don't release subsets to a different schedule
I guess?  But then maybe if we do that it's time to consider splitting
across multiple repositories anyway?

Best wishes,

Neil

--